Bible Core Course
The BCC is a 14-week course that will introduce you to an inductive approach of Biblical study. The course equips you with tools for understanding and integrating the Word into your life by employing creative methods for observing, interpreting, applying and proclaiming the Scriptures.
Learn (PHASE 1)
An inductive study involves trying to lay down any preconceived ideas, bridging culture and time gaps in order to discover the author’s intent. During the course you will read through the entire Bible and study in depth at least 14 books, being introduced to multiple forms of literature in the Old and New Testaments.
General Outline (subject to change):
- Week 1 – Intro, orientation, team building
- Week 2 – Acts
- Week 3 – Philemon (Intro to epistles)
- Week 4 – John (Intro to gospels)
- Week 5 – Romans
- Week 6: Storying/1 Peter
- Week 7: How to Preach
- Week 8: Deuteronomy (plus OT overview and Canon)
- Week 9: How to Teach/Hebrews
- Week 10: Revelation
- Week 11: How to lead a small group bible study
- Week 12: Genesis/Esther (Intro to Historical Narratives)
- Week 13; Jeremiah (Intro to Prophetic Literature)
Gather Your Tools
The goal of the Bible Core Course is to see God give people a passion for His Word, the tools to study it accurately and the ability to communicate it to others. Above all, we desire that through the study of His Word students will gain a deeper intimacy with the God revealed in the pages of Scripture. The Word of God is living and active, relevant to today’s culture and able to transform lives. Throughout the school, you as a student will have the opportunity to…
- Lead a small group Bible study
- Practice your teaching and preaching skills
- Learn in an collaborative, interactive setting
As a result you can expect to…
- Revolutionize your study of the Bible
- Gain a great foundation for the life-long ministry
- Grow in your understanding of God’s character and His ways
- Experience God’s presence in your personal time with Him
- Week 14: Kings (self-study)
Outreach (PHASE 2)
After the lecture phase, students will have the opportunity to share what they’ve learned in an outreach setting (optional.) Specific details to be determined.
Tuition and Expenses
Dates to be announced.
Let us know if you are interested and we will keep you posted!
Duration: Three-month lecture phase, six-month field assignment
Prerequisite: Successful completion of the DTS
- Lecture Phase: $3590 (lecture phase only)
Let me know when the dates post for the Bible Core Course
Next School of Strategic Missions
*Must be 18 years or older, or a high school graduate.
Thank you for applying to one of YWAM – Nashville’s training programs. In order for us to process your application, please read through the guidelines carefully before beginning the application process.
Alternatively, you can download and print the application form.
We must receive each of the following items in addition to the online form:
- Registration Fee: A non-refundable registration fee of $35 for singles or $45 for a married couple is to be sent with the application. There will be a late fee of $10 for applicants registering after 15 days prior to the beginning date of the school. *For non-U.S. students, please see note below.
- Three Reference Forms: Please fill out the top portion of each reference form and give one to your pastor, one to your parents and one to a mature Christian friend. Request that they fill it out and mail it directly to YWAM Nashville. Download the reference form.Please give each reference a stamped envelope addressed to:
Youth With A Mission, Admissions Dept.
P.O. Box 58
Adams, TN, 37010
- Physician Form: This program will require good health and endurance. Please have you physician fill out the Physician Form and mail it to the address above. Download the physician form.
*NOTE FOR ALL NON-U.S. CITIZENS
All payments of registration and tuition fees should be made in U.S. Dollars rather than in the currency of your own country. You may go to your bank and request a U.S. Dollars money order or cashier’s check to pay those fees. The check must have magnetic numbers at the bottom of it. Otherwise, we have to send the check away and it will take around six weeks for it to be returned – often times with a service charge taken out. This will mean that you must make up the balance still needed. If you are unable to get the checks described in your country, we will process your funds anyway, but be prepared to make up the balance of the funds nee
Our kitchen staff works really hard to make delicious, healthful meals for our students and staff. We see an increasing number of food allergies, which we will do everything in our power to work with. We have also seen an increasing number of vegetarian/vegan diets on the rise. We cannot guarantee that vegetarians (and especially vegans) will always be able to be accommodated for.
Please communicate with us any dietary issues when applying for the school so that we can make an honest evaluation of how we might be able to work with your needs.