Discipleship Training School
The Discipleship Training School (DTS) is an intense discipleship course inviting you to deepen your walk with the Lord and make an impact on this generation. It is a prerequisite for all future training schools and joining staff with Youth With A Mission (YWAM).
The DTS consists of three months learning at our campus in Adams, TN and three months of outreach. Cross-cultural exposure and global awareness are a special emphases throughout the course. As you grow in your relationship with God and others, you will also be increasingly equipped to reach current and future generations answering the call to ‘go into all the world and disciple all nations’ (Matthew 28:19).
Learn (PHASE 1)
For the first three months, you have the opportunity to seek God as you are exposed to insightful teaching from weekly speakers and live in community with other staff and students. Topics include:
- The Character of God
- Relationship with God and others
- The Power of Forgiveness
- Development of Your Christian Character
- Bible Study, Prayer and Spiritual Warfare
- Learning God’s Will for Your Life
- Sharing Your Faith
- And many more…
Gather Your Tools
Through discussion and application, you will be challenged to use what you learn each week. Some of the avenues available for doing this include:
- Service projects
- Corporate worship
- Practical steps in relationships
- Daily personal time with the Lord
- Mobilizing others for involvement
- Intercession for others
- And much more…
Outreach (PHASE 2)
Three months of outreach will challenge you to trust God’s character, provision, and love in ways unique to your setting and journey. The first phase is the lecture phase at our base in Adams, TN and the second part is the outreach, cost varies for outreach based on the location of your trip.
Tuition and Expenses
Tuition and Expenses
Join us next fall, September 23, 2018 – March 23, 2019
- Lecture (Learn) Phase: $3590.00 (Covers tuition, housing, conference, and meals.)
- Outreach: Cost varies with location. Typically these trips are between $4,000-$5,000 (covers airfare, housing, food and travel in country)
Next Descipleship Training School
*Must be 18 years or older, or a high school graduate.
Thank you for applying to one of YWAM – Nashville’s training programs. In order for us to process your application, please read through the guidelines carefully before beginning the application process.
Alternatively, you can download and print the application form.
We must receive each of the following items in addition to the online form:
- Registration Fee: A non-refundable registration fee of $35 for singles or $45 for a married couple is to be sent with the application. There will be a late fee of $10 for applicants registering after 15 days prior to the beginning date of the school. *For non-U.S. students, please see note below.
- Three Reference Forms: Please fill out the top portion of each reference form and give one to your pastor, one to your parents and one to a mature Christian friend. Request that they fill it out and mail it directly to YWAM Nashville. Download the reference form.Please give each reference a stamped envelope addressed to:
Youth With A Mission, Admissions Dept.
P.O. Box 58
Adams, TN, 37010
- Physician Form: This program will require good health and endurance. Please have you physician fill out the Physician Form and mail it to the address above. Download the physician form.
*NOTE FOR ALL NON-U.S. CITIZENS
All payments of registration and tuition fees should be made in U.S. Dollars rather than in the currency of your own country. You may go to your bank and request a U.S. Dollars money order or cashier’s check to pay those fees. The check must have magnetic numbers at the bottom of it. Otherwise, we have to send the check away and it will take around six weeks for it to be returned – often times with a service charge taken out. This will mean that you must make up the balance still needed. If you are unable to get the checks described in your country, we will process your funds anyway, but be prepared to make up the balance of the funds nee
Our kitchen staff works really hard to make delicious, healthful meals for our students and staff. We see an increasing number of food allergies, which we will do everything in our power to work with. We have also seen an increasing number of vegetarian/vegan diets on the rise. We cannot guarantee that vegetarians (and especially vegans) will always be able to be accommodated for.
Please communicate with us any dietary issues when applying for the school so that we can make an honest evaluation of how we might be able to work with your needs.
Meet the School Leader
My Name is Tom Lindstrom, that’s me with my wife Bekah and son Thorin. I’ve been blessed with another opportunity to lead the DTS this Fall! I am extremely passionate about seeing people come to know their Creator and Master in such a deep and life changing way that they will never be the same. That’s what DTS and other schools have for me and my hope is you can have the same experience.
I did my DTS in the Fall of 2007 followed by a School of Ministry Development in the Spring of 2008. Both at YWAM Nashville. I then went on staff at Nashville where I worked in the Maintenance Department for about a year before I shipped off to YWAM Borgen in Norway to staff a DTS in the Fall of 2009. Then in the spring of 2010, I was staff for another DTS here at YWAM Nashville.
I am passionate about seeing people grow to their full potential in every way and I believe a DTS will start that process for you. That is why I am leading this DTS and that is why I hope you will sign up for this school. I desire to be ONE of the vessels God uses to change your life forever. Thanks for taking the time to check out our website and I look forward to hearing from you soon!