School of Missions
Are you at a crossroads between the comfortable and the radical? Obeying God’s call on your life often means daring to take on giants: giants of comfort, security, social expectations, maybe even important relationships. Are you willing?
The School of Missions (SOM) is a three-month lecture phase followed by a six-month field assignment overseas. Designed to launch participants into the field longer-term, the school also builds a lifelong understanding of how to rally support and resources for an unreached people group. The teaching is excellent and intensely practical – language acquisition, spiritual warfare, business as mission, interpersonal relationships, and community development are just some of the topics covered. If God has already placed a country on your heart, we will try to place you in a team there by the completion of the lecture phase.
Learn (PHASE 1)
During the first twelve weeks of the School of Missions, you’ll be challenged by experienced missionaries in the following topics:
- Church planting
- Language learning
- Cross-cultural communication
- Personal and community wellness
- Culture shock
- Team dynamics
- Understanding worldviews
- Discovering keys to the culture
- Strategic people, places, and seasons
- Community development
Gather Your Tools
You’ll also be equipped to go on the field throughout the nitty-gritty preparation process. We’ll come alongside you in these key areas:
- Health insurance
- Power of Attorney
- Raising finances
- Developing a budget
- Media presentations
- Taxes while overseas
- Secure communication
- Enlisting a prayer team
Outreach (PHASE 2)
Join a long-term team to strategically reach those with the least access to the Gospel. How will your life help unite a people group with the God who designed them?
Tuition and Expenses
Dates: May 5, 2019 – July 26, 2019
Duration: Three-month lecture phase, six-month field assignment
Prerequisite: Successful completion of the DTS
- Lecture Phase: $3,590 (includes housing, and food)
- Outreach: Cost will be individually determined based on location and length of service; fundraising for the outreach will be incorporated into the lecture phase.
*Must be 18 years or older, or a high school graduate.
Please send me additional information for the School of Missions
Thank you for applying to one of YWAM – Nashville’s training programs. In order for us to process your application, please read through the guidelines carefully before beginning the application process.
Alternatively, you can download and print the application form.
We must receive each of the following items in addition to the online form:
- Registration Fee: A non-refundable registration fee of $35 for singles or $45 for a married couple is to be sent with the application. There will be a late fee of $10 for applicants registering after 15 days prior to the beginning date of the school. *For non-U.S. students, please see note below.
- Three Reference Forms: Please fill out the top portion of each reference form and give one to your pastor, one to your parents and one to a mature Christian friend. Request that they fill it out and mail it directly to YWAM Nashville. Download the reference form.Please give each reference a stamped envelope addressed to:
Youth With A Mission, Admissions Dept.
P.O. Box 58
Adams, TN, 37010
- Physician Form: This program will require good health and endurance. Please have you physician fill out the Physician Form and mail it to the address above. Download the physician form.
*NOTE FOR ALL NON-U.S. CITIZENS
All payments of registration and tuition fees should be made in U.S. Dollars rather than in the currency of your own country. You may go to your bank and request a U.S. Dollars money order or cashier’s check to pay those fees. The check must have magnetic numbers at the bottom of it. Otherwise, we have to send the check away and it will take around six weeks for it to be returned – often times with a service charge taken out. This will mean that you must make up the balance still needed. If you are unable to get the checks described in your country, we will process your funds anyway, but be prepared to make up the balance of the funds nee
Our kitchen staff works really hard to make delicious, healthful meals for our students and staff. We see an increasing number of food allergies, which we will do everything in our power to work with. We have also seen an increasing number of vegetarian/vegan diets on the rise. We cannot guarantee that vegetarians (and especially vegans) will always be able to be accommodated for.
Please communicate with us any dietary issues when applying for the school so that we can make an honest evaluation of how we might be able to work with your needs.