School of Worship
But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. God is Spirit and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth. – Jesus according to John 4
The Father is seeking worshipers. He is seeking those who will welcome His Spirit of Truth into their lives as they perceive and connect with His glory.
Learn (PHASE 1)
At each YWAM campus a School of Worship is developed differently according to the calling and direction of the base at which the shcool runs. At YWAM Nashville, God is directing us to run this school with a focus on the power and presence of God.
This School Of Worship is a 5 month encounter-driven training course that is set on knowing the Spirit of Truth so that we can worship Him in spirit and truth. As we come to encounter Him in a real and inimate way, both corporately and individually, we behold His glory (His ultimate beauty and magnificence) and therefore we are transformed from one glorious state to another. We also learn from the biblical history of worship to get the foundations and then work with the Lord for new revelation on how to use those foundations in todays church, and world.
Jesus said in Matthew 22 that the greatest commandment is to ‘first, love God with all your heart, soul, and mind; and the second is to love your neighbor as yourself.’ We see worship and missions as the marriage of the first and second commandment to obey the greatest commandment Jesus gave us. We also recognize that He had an order to that commandment and that loving God comes first with love-driven ministry following.
Gather Your Tools
Core Values and Lecture Topics:
- -Cultivating Intimacy with God
- -The Work of the Holy Spirit in Worship
- -Pursuing Personal Freedom
- – Character Development of a Worshiper
- -Understanding the Biblical and Historical context and Basis of Worship
- -The marriage of worship and intercession
- -The prophetic nature and role of the worship ministry
- -Musicianship and song-writing
- -Developing leadership and team dynamics
- -The grace of worship in spiritual warfare
- -The role of worship in reaching the nations
- -The role of the supernatural in worship
This school is built so that you will be equipped to be supernatural ministers of the Father. We believe that God wants to see the supernatural be natural to us. As a student you will be trained in music theory, instruments, and vocals, as well as learning why music plays an important role in worshiping God. You will be trained in how to minister with and lead a team or a band. You will be trained in the understanding of biblical concept and mandate of worship and how to teach and impart those truths. You will be transformed by God.
Outreach (PHASE 2)
In this school as you are trained to minister to the Lord and love Him with all you have, you will be filled with His Spirit and sent by Him to your neighbors in spiritual practical ways. We will minister on outreach every week in Nashville after lectures to give away these truths in power to a lost and blind world. We also engage on an 8 to 10 week foreign outreach after the 12 week lecture phaste to take the life we receive from worship and bring healing and restoration to the nations. (Rev. 22:1-2)
Three months of outreach will challenge you to trust God’s character, provision, and love in ways unique to your setting and journey. The first phase is the lecture phase at our base in Adams, TN and the second part is the outreach, cost varies for outreach based on location of trip. Applicants must be 18 years or older, or a high school graduate.
Tuition and Expenses
Dates to be announced.
Let us know if you are interested and we will keep you posted!
Duration: Three-month lecture phase, six-month field assignment
Prerequisite: Successful completion of a Discipleship Training School (DTS)
- Lecture Phase: $3590.00 (Covers tuition, housing, and meals.)
- Outreach: Cost varies with location. Typically these trips are between $4,000-$5,000 (covers airfare, housing, food and travel in country).
Let me know when the dates post for the School of Worship
Next School of Strategic Missions
*Must be 18 years or older, or a high school graduate.
Thank you for applying to one of YWAM – Nashville’s training programs. In order for us to process your application, please read through the guidelines carefully before beginning the application process.
Alternatively, you can download and print the application form.
We must receive each of the following items in addition to the online form:
- Registration Fee: A non-refundable registration fee of $35 for singles or $45 for a married couple is to be sent with the application. There will be a late fee of $10 for applicants registering after 15 days prior to the beginning date of the school. *For non-U.S. students, please see note below.
- Three Reference Forms: Please fill out the top portion of each reference form and give one to your pastor, one to your parents and one to a mature Christian friend. Request that they fill it out and mail it directly to YWAM Nashville. Download the reference form.Please give each reference a stamped envelope addressed to:
Youth With A Mission, Admissions Dept.
P.O. Box 58
Adams, TN, 37010
- Physician Form: This program will require good health and endurance. Please have you physician fill out the Physician Form and mail it to the address above. Download the physician form.
*NOTE FOR ALL NON-U.S. CITIZENS
All payments of registration and tuition fees should be made in U.S. Dollars rather than in the currency of your own country. You may go to your bank and request a U.S. Dollars money order or cashier’s check to pay those fees. The check must have magnetic numbers at the bottom of it. Otherwise, we have to send the check away and it will take around six weeks for it to be returned – often times with a service charge taken out. This will mean that you must make up the balance still needed. If you are unable to get the checks described in your country, we will process your funds anyway, but be prepared to make up the balance of the funds nee
Our kitchen staff works really hard to make delicious, healthful meals for our students and staff. We see an increasing number of food allergies, which we will do everything in our power to work with. We have also seen an increasing number of vegetarian/vegan diets on the rise. We cannot guarantee that vegetarians (and especially vegans) will always be able to be accommodated for.
Please communicate with us any dietary issues when applying for the school so that we can make an honest evaluation of how we might be able to work with your needs.